I'm feeling a bit under the weather today, so these pictures do not have me in them, for everyone's sake. I finally finished a new blouse, with some of my favorite fabric ever!
My mom and I found this fabric, a Liberty of London print, at Bolt during their huge Spring sale. I love love love the print--art nouveau style circles with tulips and pretty colors! I was so excited to use this for the Sencha pattern, so started immediately. And finally I'm done! I ran into a couple issues along the way, mostly with fit. First, the neckline was incredibly high, but that was an easy fix to lower it. The second problem was a bit harder to fix.
Turns out these patterns are made for women who are much bustier than I am. Seriously, this is the first time I've wanted a boob job, just to fill out the shirt! The pintucked waist looks great, but there is such an excess of fabric around the chest that it almost looks ridiculous. I tried to help it by adding some pintucks to take in the extra fabric. It worked okay, but still not great. I'm a little disappointed, to be honest.
Okay, I lied. Those aren't tulips. I don't know what I was thinking.
So to sum up the blouse: Love the fabric, love the style, hate the fit. Meh, what can you do. I'll probably set it aside for a bit to get some distance, then come back later.
I got a ridiculous amount of fabric at the Bolt sale, so I have too many other projects to work on to dwell on this one. Better luck on the next one, I say!