Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Day Off

It was a busy week. Last week my sister was in town for way too short of a visit, then my friend Kerry came into town and we did many busy and fun things. I'll update on that later, but for now, it's a day off for me. And that's nice. I'm sitting in a lovely little bakery/cafe, Jesse's studying, I'm drinking chai tea, it's raining just a little, and I'm wearing my favorite gray jeans to match the cloudy day.

It's nice to have a day off. I didn't sleep in much, but that was okay because I didn't have to get up. I didn't even have to take a shower. Days off are exercises in "What do I want? What will make me happy?" I forget to do that too often during the busy week.

This makes me happy:


This is shortbread on a brioche bun. Okay, I haven't tried it, but just looking at it makes me happy, so imagine me eating it! This is one of the many yummies here at Lovejoy Bakers. I'm a little bit addicted to just coming in and staring at their menu, which always changes, and includes things like fresh baked bread, homemade soup, and juicy sandwiches that make my tummy rumble.
It's a perfect make-me-happy place, and since that's what days off are for, you can find me here a lot. With a book, a chai tea, and Jesse. Now, to find one of those brioches...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts, whether deep, shallow, short, long, or sweet happily accepted!

a little ridiculous, old-school, and oh so stylish